Predictions in Ungauged Basins
|PUB Web Site|
|PUB March 2006 Newsletter|
- Introduce PUB science to the USA hydrologic community;
- Review PUB science questions as a potential template for USA community science questions;
- Critically discuss the open questions in hydrology as it pertains to the establishment of hydrologic observatories; and
- Spark dialogue among participants to identify the most promising avenues for the efficient development of community science questions.
The workshop will include invited talks and contributed posters and will include substantial discussion "space" to promote a high level of thoughtful participant interactions with speakers and each other.
The workshop will be organized around PUB's 6 science questions:
- Watershed Classification
- Conceptualization of Process Heterogeneity
- Uncertainty estimation and model diagnostics
- Development and use of new data collection approaches
- New Hydrological Theory
- New Modelling Approaches
Larry Band, Volt Gilmore Professor of Geography, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Michael Campana, Oregon State University Institute for Water and Watersheds.
Chris Duffy, Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University.
Rick Hooper, Executive Director, CUAHSI.
Praveen Kumar, Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.
Jeffrey J. McDonnell, Richardson Chair in Watershed Science. Forest Engineering, Oregon State University.
Murugesu Sivapalan, Professor, Geography and Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Supported by the National Science Foundation.